There’s a lot of confusion about what Branding means and why it’s so important to get it right.
▪ what you do (not what you say or how nice you look)
▪ a relationship between you and the outside world
▪ an emotion sparked up when your company name is mentioned
▪ every touch point with your customers (including that crappy interface on your MVP or slightly terse error message when I forgot my password)
▪ the emotional value you create
▪ a logo you bought on 99designs
▪ a luxury that startups can think about later (once they’ve done, you know, the important stuff)
▪ a load of nonsense
Key to this is your brand isn’t what you say it is. It’s what others say that matters.
Your brand needs to be authentic, purposeful & believable. Not a campaign created by a bunch of creatives…
View original post 357 more words